Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It's really happening

At nine weeks and five days we had an ultrasound that left us with a picture of a "blob" that we would call our baby! We were so proud and showed everyone this picture even though you really couldn't tell what it was was. I think it's safe to say that it hadn't really sunk in that we were going to have a child. I think the first moment it hit me was when the baby started moving. It felt like there were butterflies in my stomach. Now the baby is on the move very often. If the flutters weren't enough to make reality sink in, it definatley was the ultrasound at twenty weeks and five days. Seeing the difference in the two pictures is simply amazing! Our little blob has eyes, and a nose and ten fingers and ten toes. It has turned into a beautiful baby! Whether it's a boy or a girl I am head over heels! I find it funny that the common comment after seeing the picture has been, "Linds, it's really happening!" So apparently I'm not the only one who needed some convincing that motherhood was on the way. It is true, this is really happening, and I am sure there will be many more milestones that will reaffirm this information. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Mindi said...

So...at this point my guess is GIRL. But I've been known to change my answer....we'll see how long I go this time. But right now I'm so thinkin' girl. But a little boy friend for Boone would be nice too :)

because said...

so exciting!!!!!