Monday, March 9, 2009

Babymoon

I had my 36 week check up on Thursday and the result, as my sister put it, I was "still as tight as the security at Fort Knox." If history repeats itself, I won't progress much on my own, nor will my water break without medical assistance. Thanks alot Mom and Mindy:) Other then that, all was well at the visit. We were in and out like usual.

Two weeks before we had got the go ahead from the Dr. to go on our "Babymoon." It was a much needed trip away from home, and work. We all know that, that will not happen again for a long time. Now, a trip to Pendleton, Oregon may sound pretty uneventful to those who are not obsessed with high school basketball, but for us the trip was everything we had hoped for. With a few minor annoyances. We'll start with those first . . .

1. After the first session of games we headed to our hotel. Derek entered first and I followed only to drop my things at the door, grab the ice bucket, and begin dry heaving until I thought I was going to pass out. Turns out our room used to be a smoking room. And upon the turn around, they failed miserably to remove the odor from the room. It was horrible!!!! Derek went to see if we could change rooms but they were all full so they gave us an air purifier that didn't really help. The next day we picked up some Febreeze and Derek would enter first and spray the place down before I would go in. Normally, I could withstand the odor, as gross as it is, but my stomach can't handle much these days thanks to the baby! Oh and the ice bucket instead of the toilet you ask? If you've been pregnant before you will know that you can't attempt to throw up and not wet your pants at the same time. So I dropped my drawers as a precaution:) Good thing the heave was dry, as I noticed there was a huge hole in the bucket:)

2. After the evening session we head out to our car, only to find it piled with snow!!!!!! Grrrr! I am so over snow and ice. Unfortunately our hotel was located on top of a huge hill so we had to find an alternate route. We made it safely, but it still was an annoying surprise:)

3. I was already coming down with a cold at the start of our trip but having to sleep with the window open to air out our room only made it worse. So here I sit in bed on Monday, when I should be working! I have slept most of the day and will probably sleep again once I'm done writing this. I can't breath and I cough every 5 seconds . . .

Sounds like our trip was a bust, but it definately was far from it . . . aside from the minor annoyances we watched 16 great basketball games in 2 1/2 days and laughed more then we had in a long time! Derek and I spend alot of time together in general. We work together, coach together, spend the evenings together. Yet, this "babymoon" made me fall even more in love with him!

I am a little sad that our alone time together is up in a few weeks, but I can't wait for all of the fun times we will have with our baby! Hopefully our child likes basketball or we're in big trouble:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are so funny. I love your humor. I am hoping the security loosens up for the next visit. ;)
I understand your love for the game. I cold sit and watch basketball forever. Just wait untill baby Imig starts playing. Noone else's game will ever measure up. And I'm sure "he" will love the game. (I say he only because that is what came out in the typing.) Hmmmm!